Upgrading software in a c95/c97/c125/c127/e7/e7D/e95/e97/e125/e127 MFD
Upgrading the software on the c/e-Series MFDs is fast and easy using:
- a commonly available microSD memory card,
- a memory card reader for your PC or Apple Mac computer,
- a microSD to SD memory card adapter or a microSD to CompactFlash memory card adapter,
- and the latest Raymarine Multifunction Display (MFD) software.
Before beginning the software upgrade, you may wish to read the following related answers from the Raymarine knowledge base:
* Note: microSD memory cards used with c/e-Series MFDs should have a memory capacity of no less than 256MB and no more than 32GB. To avoid potentially corrupting the data on your Navionics chart card, DO NOT copy software update files to your Navionics chart card and DO NOT back up waypoint/route/track data to your Navionics chart card. MicroSD cards are commonly available in most stores selling consumer electronics products. Waypoint, route, track data, and system configuration data can be stored on a microSD memory card which also contains software update files.
We recommend registering your product before upgrading your software
To register your product, you will need to know your display's serial number.
The serial numbers for your Raymarine products may be obtained from the following sources:
- the barcode / serial number decals supplied within the product's documentation pack
- the barcode / serial number label affixed to side of the product's package
- from a label affixed to the backside, underside, or topside of the product
The serial number for MFDs may may additionally be obtained from the MFD's Unit Information dialog (SETUP->MAINTENANCE->DIAGNOSTICS->SELECT DEVICE->Select the e7/e7D from the Select Device List->OK; Locate the PRODUCT SERIAL NUMBER data item within the list of information displayed).
Populating a microSD Memory Card with c/e-Series MFD Software
- Insert the microSD memory card into the microSD memory card adapter and then place the adapter into the computer's memory card reader. Note: a single CF memory card may be used to back up one's waypoint/route/track data, update the product's software, and then restore the waypoint/route/track data to the product following the software update.
- Within the Downloads & Updates tab located on your c/e-Series MFD's product web page or link listed above, click on the file to be downloaded to display the File Download dialog.
- Click on the OPEN button within the File Download dialog.
- Upon completion of the download, the WinZip Application will be displayed.
- Within the WinZip application, use the command ACTIONS->SELECT ALL to select all files included within the WinZip file.
- Within the WinZip application, use the command ACTIONS->EXTRACT to disWithin the WinZip Extract dialog, click on the Removable Disk drive which corresponds to that in which the microSD card has been inserted.
- Click on the EXTRACT button to extract the files to the selected Removable Disk drive and display a Windows Explorer dialog showing the content of the Removable Disk drive.
- Select RED X within the Windows Explorer window's titlebar to close the Windows Explorer window.
- Upon completion of the extraction, use the command FILE->EXIT to exit the WinZip application .
- Remove the microSD memory card adapter from the memory card reader and remove the microSD memory card CF memory card from the computer's microSD memory card adapter.
Backing Up Your MFD's Configuration Settings
It will be necessary to perform a factory reset operation to the MFD as the final step of the software update process. This procedure restore all configuration settings and page set customizations back to the factory default configuration settings. To backup your MFD's configuration settings before upgrading the MFD's software, please follow the steps outlined in Backing up configuration settings on c95/c97/c125/c127/e7/e7D/e95/e97/e125/e127 MFDs.
Backing Up Your Waypoints, Routes and Tracks
It will be necessary to perform a factory reset operation to the MFD as the final step of the software update process. This procedure WILL permanently delete any of the waypoints, routes and tracks that are currently stored within the MFD's memory. To backup your waypoints, routes, and tracks before upgrading, please To backup your MFD's configuration settings before upgrading the MFD's software, please follow the steps outlined in Backing up waypoint, routes and tracks on c95/c97/c125/c127/e7/e7D/e95/e97/e125/e127 MFDs.
Upgrading the c/e-Series MFD
Now that you have backed up your data and configuration settings for safe keeping, we will upgrade the MFD software.
- Switch OFF the power to your MFD using the MFD's power button.
- Insert the microSD memory card containing the software update files into the either microSD memory card slot of your c/e-Series MFD, noting the memory card slot in which you inserted the microSD memory card.
- Switch ON the MFD unit's power via the MFD's power button.
- After booting, the MFD will automatically begin the software update process. When the software update process is complete, the MFD will direct the operator to remove the microSD memory cards from MFD's memory card reader.
- Remove the microSD memory card(s) from the MFD's memory card reader. The MFD will automatically reboot.
- Perform the Factory Reset procedure detailed within Factory Reset procedure for c95/c97/c125/c127/e7/e7D/e95/e97/e125/e127 MFDs.
- If you have backed up your MFD's configuration settings to the microSD memory card, restore them per the instructions.
- If you have backed up your waypoints, routes, and tracks to the microSD memory card, restore them per the instructions.